We have club evenings every Tuesday throughout the year (rain or shine) where both experienced and new members practice their paddling. We also play canoe polo, practice white water playboating, sea kayaking and open canoeing.
The club runs a number of trips throughout the year in the UK and abroad which are organised by club members and discussed through our various website forums.
We provide training to work towards BCU 1, 2 and 3 star awards in kayaks and canoes - either on Shadwell Basin, on the River Thames or in a nearby indoor swimming pool. We normally run a course for beginners once a month. See the Joining page for more information.
The club was formally set up back in 1984, although people had been getting together informally to paddle at Shadwell Basin from the 1970's.
THCC is committed to the BCU Equal Opportunites Policy and takes reasonable and practical steps to support this policy.
- Where we are - for our address, a map, directions and contact information.
- Who We Are - for details of the club structure and committee members.
- What We Do - for details of our activities.
- Joining Us - for further information on joining the club.
- FAQ - for answers to some of the more common questions